Citations

“Arrayed in Gold.” Portraits of the Empress Elizabeth of Austria, 20 Aug. 2011, arrayedingold.blogspot.com/2011/08/napoleons-beautiful-enemy-louise-of.html.

• This website helped me understand who Queen of Prussia was and why was she known.  This also where I got her portrait during her time period, she was considered the most beautiful woman.  

Geri Walton. “Ideas of Female Beauty in the 1700 and 1800s.” Geri Walton, 4 Nov. 2016, www.geriwalton.com/ideas-of-female-beauty-in-1700-and-1800s/.

• This helped me with my project because it gave me specific features that were considered beautiful during the 1700s and the 1800s.  What exact physical features were looked for in a woman in order to be found attractive and beautiful. Also how it all depended on what was going on during that time.  

Howard, Jacqueline. “The Ever-Changing ‘Ideal’ of Female Beauty.” CNN, Cable News Network, 9 Mar. 2018, www.cnn.com/2018/03/07/health/body-image-history-of-beauty-explainer-intl/index.html.’

• This helped me gather some of my paintings.  It also gave me background in how beauty has changed.  

Kunitz, Daniel. “What Art History Can Teach Us about Female Beauty Ideals.” 11 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy, Artsy, 2 Jan. 2017, www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-how-art-has-shaped-female-beauty-ideals-history.

• In this article the author demonstrated different artworks that represent the beauty norms that were expected on women.  It compared different pieces of artwork that portray what was considered beautiful in different societies.

Romm, Sharom. “BEAUTY THROUGH HISTORY.” The Washington Post, WP Company, 27 Jan. 1987, www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/wellness/1987/01/27/beauty-through-history/301f7256-0f6b-403e-abec-f36c0a3ec313/?utm_term=.63d6ef6dd351.

• This article helped understand on what exact physical features society looked on a women in order to consider her beautiful in Greek times.  What I mostly got out of it was that the most important a woman needed was symmetry in order to be considered beautiful.

“The Art of the Renaissance: In the Line of Beauty.” The Independent, Independent Digital News and Media, 23 Oct. 2011, www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/the-art-of-the-renaissance-in-the-line-of-beauty-1955030.html.

• This article helped to further understand that furing this type period a lot of changing.  The focus to humans was changing and physical features were being focused on. The nature of nature became big.