My Art Story

What Is Art?

Often, art is perceived as simply drawing, sculptures, paintings, etc. However, art is in everything around us. Art to me is a form of expression on who you are and what you see. Art is being passionate for something that others may not understand. Its having a skill and putting dedication and work into it so that it best represents how you are and how you feel. My form of art that I used to express myself is in the art of makeup. I use it as a form of expression on how I feel or how I see beauty in this world. I hope to learn different ways on how to express myself in different forms of art and ways on how others use their form of art to express themselves.

2 thoughts on “My Art Story”

1. Great job Alexis! I also think makeup is one way of expressing ourselves and is a form of art. I also wrote that art is all around us, it is embedded in our everyday life. The great about art is that it can be viewed in so many different perspectives!

2. I completely agree with you that art is a way to express yourself depending on what you are going through on a daily basis. Those who create art do it for themselves and for the world to resonate or interpret the work of art on their own. I love the fact that you see make-up in an artistic way and that you wear it with pride and show it off! In my case my form of art is drawing. In my post I expressed that I find art in the human body in general. Therefore I chose this post to comment on because make up is something I actually find artistic too. The reason being is that it takes creativity and time and tools to make the perfect cat-eye or to make the eye-brows to be on fleek. Furthermore whenever I see an interesting body (depends on lots of things eg. attractive, non-attractive, strong, weak, etc) I stare and try to draw it. I know of artists who choose to paint the human body and in my case I have no talent what so ever but I try.