My Art Story

Art has no set definition. To some it can mean classical paintings, and to others it can mean a well choreographed dance. Personally, art to me is something crafted with both high amounts of skill and imagination. I notice art around me everywhere throughout my day to day schedule. On my commute to school, I admire the architecture of Manhattan: the skyscrapers. While on the train, I read some of the poems posted and I consider that to be art. When I see someone who’s nails match their handbag or their drink I find that to be artsy. My Pinterest boards are filled with home decor which I also consider to be art. I love the fact that art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Thus, you can create art and maybe some people will resonate with your art while others won’t, and that’s perfectly fine. I took a college level Printmaking class, and some of the students made these masterpieces that really changed my perspective on how art can be used to signify such larger themes.

I would like to learn about how art developed over time and maybe learn about some classical pieces and artists such as the Mona Lisa and Van Gogh. I also would like to know more about the influences behind contemporary art if there are any. I am thrilled to go to art museums (for free!) and expose myself to various types of art in order to see which ones resonate with me.