Blog 2: My Art Story

Art refers to a display ,whether it be a dance, painting,etc, in which one can apply their creative skills to, in order to express themselves. Art is a form of communication. It’s meaning is whatever the artist intends it to be as well as how it’s audience perceives it. Art is influenced by the materials, techniques, and forms it makes use of, as well as the ideas and feelings it can create in its viewers.

Personally, art is something that can evoke an emotional response within me, either positive or negative. My appreciation for art has not always existed. I used to view trips to the museum or galleries as simply an excuse to get out of class. I would look at painting, displays, etc and have a simply opinion. Maybe I thought it was pretty or it didn’t make sense to me, but that was it. However as I got older and gained life experiences and wisdom, art became more relatable to be me. Now I see poems on the train and actually read them and reflect. I see murals and graffiti imagining the lengths those artist took to make said creation. An appreciation for art is unique and personalized, which make it so much more interesting.

Literature is a love of mine and I consider it a form of art. I started to read romance novels during my teenage years. I would read these fascinating dramas, all happy ending, and would always be content afterwords. I consider literature a form of art because it’s simply an artist, using a pen paper as their tool, and conveying their meaning onto pages of paper. I love the power of words and how it’s manipulation can tell many stories at once.