Outline Background Art History

The theme for my artwork is Egyptian Art. I would like to take inspiration from the following art pieces and create my own artwork with a twist with the modern era artwork. A lot of Egyptian art has been created a very long time ago. Some of these pieces are made out of things that are not accessible to a student. So to create Egyptian art work using common things that are found will be a take on my Egyptian art. These art piece relate to my artwork because based off of these pieces I will recreating my artwork. These pieces of artwork is suppose to lead me to the road of creating “authentic ” Egyptian art.  These pieces of art work highlight very small details which distincts Egyptian art work from other artworks. Such as most of Egyptian statues or paintings that consisted of people have really voluminous lips, cat eyes, and a thin nose that gets bigger at the end. Egyptian art work also has hieroglyphics and vibrant colors to make the art work stand out. Also, it is somewhat hard to tell the difference between a man and a woman when it comes to Egyptian art. When I will create my art piece I will make it very noticeable if the artwork is a man or women. Shabty of Sati. Egypt Saqqara. New Kingdom, Dynasty 18, circa1390-1352 B.C.E. Brooklyn Museum, Charle Edwin Wilbour Fund 

Mummy Mask

Period: Roman Period Date: A.D. 60–70 Geography: From Egypt; Possibly from Middle Egypt, Meir Medium: Cartonnage, plaster, paint, plant fibers Dimensions: l. 63 cm (24 13/16 in); w. 33 cm (13 in); h. 53 (20 7/8 in) Credit Line: Rogers Fund, 1919 Accession Number: 19.2. Met Museum

Figure of Isis- Aphrodite , Met Museum

Period:Roman Period ,Date:2nd century A.D. Geography:From Egypt, Medium:Terracotta painted brown, black, red, and pink on white engobe Dimensions:h. 49.5 cm (19 1/2 in); w. 12.5 cm (4 15/16 in) Credit Line:Purchase, Lila Acheson Wallace Gift, 1991 Accession Number:1991.76

Brooklyn Museum,  Cartonnage of Nespanetjerenpere.Egypt, probably from Thebes. Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund

Brooklyn Museum, Coffin and Mummy Board of Pa- seba-khai-en-iept. Egypt, From Thebes, Charles Edwin Wilbour Fund