My Art hiSTORY

I think that for a lot of people Art is thought of so simplistically; when actually it’s a rather complex concept. To me is an expression, regardless of what form it may be in, it can be applied freely by anyone, well to me, at least. Many people assume that art is simply painting and drawing, but to me it’s way more than that. I think ironically enough that Art IS History, and History IS Art. They go hand in hand and intertwine to help see where some people’s heads are at or where we are as a nation, or simply trend-wise. Personally, my attention is greatly captivated with aesthetic, so whether it’s a beat that’s sonically beautiful, or the color scheme of a picture, or the way clothing goes together, or how a body can move in sync with a beat, I enjoy it all.

Art is in my life everywhere, sometimes it controls things in my life, such as what I wear, what my mind envisions, how I see things, what I listen to, what I take pictures of, etc. Art has definitely played a part in who I am today and why I am how I am and why I like the things that I like.

In this class, I hope to gain a larger perspective of Art and widening my current definition of it. I hope to learn more about how it used to be to see how it’s developed today and if it has had any long term impacts. I hope to also see how it may have influenced people and led to things being how they are today.

I think Art is very underappreciated and overlooked, when it’s something that we can actually learn from however don’t always access enough.