My Art Story

For a very long time, art to me has always been paintings and drawings. I am terrible at drawing. I grew up being told that if you didn’t know how to draw, you were defined as bad in art. This was not until I took an art class in the 12th grade where my teacher taught me that art is what you want it to be. Art is completely subjective. I see art as a form of expression through whatever aspect is may be. Some may express their art through their paintings and drawings and some may express art through simply their style and clothing. Art has no boundaries. What may seem important and deep to one person may seem ordinary and plain to another. Art is a matter of perspective and how different people view various art forms. I eventually learned that drawing doesn’t define art. Through different perspectives, art is inspiring in its own way and until one discovers the skill of seeing art through different perspectives, they will never truly appreciate the beauty of art. I took Art history because I want to learn more about how artists use different techniques to create depth in their pieces.