My Art Story

Q: Write up your art story: What we mean when we say art? What is art to you? How does it fit in to your life? What do you want to learn about in this class?

A: I feel as if art is defined by ones self. If you were to have asked me this questions a few years ago, I would tell you something about boring paintings or drawings with little interest. I would also tell you that art is pointless and it would get you no where in life, I would make fun on art majors and the people I would see on the street with their art. I would associate art with being easy to do and no skill required.

What art to me is now is something beyond words, expression without expression, art is something unique to each person.  I believe an images or pictures can speak thousands of words, words in your own definition, words only you can describe, words only you can create. And the “you” in this instance is not only the Artist them selves, but the person observing and taking in this art.

The way art now fits into my life is through the way I dress, what I listen to, how I listen to things, and my mindset of everyday life. My new appreciation of art goes hand in hand with my outlook on life as I realize things arent as cut and dry and I used to look at it. Everything as a story and everything is designed for a reason. Art for product promotions, Art for self expression, Art for broadcasting a voice, many things.

What I want to learn from this class is that of a better understanding of art. I want to look at art in different lights to see how It influences my thinking and dressing

1 thought on “My Art Story”

1. I completely agree with all the points that were mentioned in your post! From start to finish we had pretty closely related ideas surrounding art, and it was interesting to read about your take on it and seeing just how much it was similar to mine, I loved the language used in this blog post and I’m fairly interested in the kind of music you listen too and the types of artwork you find intriguing, and definitely looking forward to the types of posts about this course through out the semester in order to see how much we remain similar and where we differ from each other.