My Art Story

When I hear the word art I instantly think of museums. I don’t go often but when I do what I love about going is hearing other people’s perspectives on an art piece. It’s crazy sometimes what people can catch. Every art piece has some kind of meaning whether it’s obvious or not at first glance. Art is a form of expressing your thoughts and imagination in a visual image. The only personal art of mine is my doodling in class on the margins of my paper.

I don’t think a skill is needed when it comes to art. Whether you perceive it as an “ugly” drawing, it is still art and it still will have meaning of some sort. The reason for this is because art is used to express yourself and bring out your creative imagination. In my previous Psychology classes, it was always brought up how drawing can be used as a way for therapy. This is true based on my experience because when I doodle in class, it calms me down.

My favorite type of art is graffiti. I love walking around streets of New York and observe the colors and art behind graffiti. My favorite area in New York that has graffiti is Williamsburg. The graffiti there is remarkable because of all the effort and detail put into it and the meaning behind them.

I took these images below the last time I was in Williamsburg and I was astonished by the detailing: