Blog Post 2: My Art Story

I understand that art is all around us, from people singing and dancing in the subway to tall buildings and historic monuments and structures all around the city. I believe that anything that makes me feel something as soon as I see it or hear it, most of the time contains artistic background in a way. For most people when they hear art, they will most likely say something similar or the same, that art is emotive.

I have walked around the city, I have take pictures, seen people dancing in times square, heard people singing in the trains and visited museums. But all my life I have been surrounded by people, wherever I go there is people therefore since a very young age I found myself noticing the human body and their facial expressions as something artistic. For example if I see a beautiful woman with an 80’s outfit walking along the city I would like to photograph it because it makes me feel like she is bringing back time. If I see a child crying as its ice cream cone is melting I would also like to photograph it because it would make me feel empathy. If I see a muscular man I also find it artistic because it would portray strength and hard work. However if I see a couple embracing in nature under the moonlight and a million of stars and fire flies light the vast terrains I would most likely photograph it or better yet, even try to draw it (even though I do not know how to draw). I would take such actions because it would make me feel honest love and romance and beauty and serenity and aww and a bunch of feelings. Furthermore I find dance, music, and acting art too.

In class, I look forward to understanding where art comes from and fully comprehend what causes art, and how art has influenced our world today.