Art Story

Art is all around us. In our homes, schools, work, and even outside. Many people buy different forms of art in order to match their personalities or to represent something important to them. For example, some may purchase a self portrait of themselves while some may purchase a painting of something that has to do with traditions and beliefs. Just like singing and dancing, art can be a way of someone expressing how they feel. Art comes in many styles such as paintings,  drawings, sculpting, and more.

Art to me represents history. As time changes, the style of how art is depicted changes as well. The time periods changes how people express themselves through art. For instance, the time period of the Middle Ages has completely different art compared to the period of the Renaissance.

Art fits into my life because in New York City, there is art everywhere. From murals to tattoos to even graffiti, can all be seen in NYC. Since New York City is a very diverse city, there are many museums that one can go to learn and see more about art and the changes that goes on throughout the many time periods. In this class, I would like to learn more about how art has changed over the years. I would also like to learn about the different vocabulary that are used in order to describe art.